Friday 24 August 2012

The night before...

After a 13 hour day at work and a record late finish of 9:30pm I came home exhausted and without any will to pack whatsoever.  The last few weeks have been intense and having to find a 'replacement' to act in my position for the next four weeks an added burden.  Having to organise papers for a corporate planning day (which fortunately I won't be here to minute:o) was another extraneous task I could have done without. 

Hence the late night, gnawing on nuts and whatever other stray snacks I could find in my desk drawer in lieu of a meal, compiling papers and uttering 'this is ridiculous' as the office progressively emptied until I was the last one there and the hours ticked by.  There have been too many late nights this week with long days at work followed by evenings researching online and booking B+Bs for later in our journey....but I think everything is organised now.  I left work satisfied I'd left everything in order and got home satisfied all the bookings had been made for our holiday.    

Too tired to think or feel excited about not having to work for the next four weeks.  Fatigue has robbed me of that 'WOO HOOOOOO' moment I should have felt when I shut down my computer and the elevator doors closed behind me.  Maybe it will sink in tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments welcome!